2024 Utah Draw Results

Well hell you should feel lucky you get to put in for all those hunts. As a resident we only get to put in for 1 species for limited entry we don’t get to put in for multiple species for limited entry! So as residents we get the shaft up the arse!
You do realize that if residents could apply for all species your draw odds would be even worse right?

Actually I was not happy with that change more than a decade ago. Pretty much saturated every draw.
When they did that I debated adding all the extra apps to my deer points, as I figured I’d never get to use them. To my surprise 15 years later, it looks like I’ll actually get an elk hunt out of that. Likely nothing special, but at least a decent elk hunt.

When they did that I debated adding all the extra apps to my deer points, as I figured I’d never get to use them. To my surprise 15 years later, it looks like I’ll actually get an elk hunt out of that. Likely nothing special, but at least a decent elk hunt.
That's because you got in on the 1st year of the change. Anybody that got in after that will never draw a preference tag (for elk or deer anyway, some of the low tier antelope units it's possible)

as far as i know,,the resident pool of tags is totally separate from the non-res pool of tags for utah im pretty sure,,so ther is no competition between res and non-res in utah,,,[now if only they could put back all the "expo tags" back into the regular system} that is what i think is needed i m o.//// by the way if anybody has any info on mt abajo gen muzz deer feel free to p m me as this is gonna be a new area to learn this fall for muzz deer/im open to any and all ideas or starting points//heard there can be nasty lightning storms up high//thanks

Back