Please BEAR with me, 2024 is going to be full of unBEARable surprises!!!

No, those results were from last spring for the spring hunt this year. No points, it's random and it takes that long to finally hit and get the tag these days mostly due I think to all of Randy's videos of hunting there :( Back when we started to try and get the tag 9 years ago, the odds were about 75% I believe. It's more like 10% now.
When I hunted POW about 23 years ago I could purchase my license in town as a nonresident. POW has since been marketed to death!

Well crap, didn't think that I should be careful enough when applying in NM for primo elk early archery tags to not overlap with our WI bear hunt. Oops.
My wife drew a bear tag this year, so I didn't apply for any early season tags. 100% chance she would boot me out the house if I told her a drew an elk tag and was gonna be gone for 3 weeks in September.

We are in the process of getting everything packed up and final logistics with transporters and suppliers are being finalized and payments made for the spring hunt in AK. This trip is going to be one heck of an adventure. My wife and I have gone on some pretty "out there" adventures before - just look at the trip to Kodiak elk hunting from last fall - but this one is absolutely going to top the list. Grabbing a 19' boat and living out of it for 7 days straight in and around the straits and arms of SE AK is about as crazy as it gets. Everyone I talk to you about our trip keeps calling us "nuts". It is going to be a blast and with it being less than two weeks away, the excitement is really starting to build.

Last edited:
We are in the process of getting everything packed up and final logistics with transporters and suppliers are being finalized and payments made for the spring hunt in AK. This trip is going to be one heck of an adventure. My wife and I have gone on some pretty "out there" adventures before - just look at the trip to Kodiak elk hunting from last fall - but this one is absolutely going to top the list. Grabbing a 19' boat and living out of it for 7 days straight in and around the straits and arms of SE AK is about as crazy as it gets. Everyone I talk to you about our trips keeps calling us "nuts". It is going to be a blast and with it being less than two weeks away, the excitement is really starting to build.
Be safe, have fun! Can’t wait to see pics! I want to go to AK so bad! 😍😁

We are in the process of getting everything packed up and final logistics with transporters and suppliers are being finalized and payments made for the spring hunt in AK. This trip is going to be one heck of an adventure. My wife and I have gone on some pretty "out there" adventures before - just look at the trip to Kodiak elk hunting from last fall - but this one is absolutely going to top the list. Grabbing a 19' boat and living out of it for 7 days straight in and around the straits and arms of SE AK is about as crazy as it gets. Everyone I talk to you about our trips keeps calling us "nuts". It is going to be a blast and with it being less than two weeks away, the excitement is really starting to build.
Thats going to be fun. Can't wait to see pictures!

Somehow missed this one, good luck @seeth07. Looking forward to following your WI season especially, sitting on 18 points and awaiting inspiration and free time.
Well with 18 points, you should absolutely do zone B and make it DIY spot and stalk. If it wasn't for all the personal connections I have in zone A, that is what I would have just waited for.

You can literally just drive the forest roads up there and spot bears from the truck...it is so thick with bears up around the Pembine area that it's silly.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back