Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

The Rinella Effect

While we are talking about shitty YouTube hunting shows let’s not forget about public land Matzinger, his voice could put a meth addict to sleep. Feel like I’m in a pride parade whenever I make the mistake of clicking on an episode
“And thats why we go to high country” slow voice. More like that’s why we stroke a big check to hunt in private.

Mahtzinger is one of the problems. Like meat eater. Can't blame them. They making money. They hunt cook with a guide. Or more than likely private. At least randy misses a dream 6 in AZ 💔. Hunts with friends. Or shoots a dink. Best thing randy could do is be more real. Challenge u old man.

I watch several shows but many I can't stomach. This is my 36th year guiding elk hunts so feel it is important to keep up with some things pertaining to western big game. I don't have TV so Youtube is my only venue. I haven't hunted big game for myself for years and I have a farm in Idaho with over the counter tags for us residents. When I have time upland hunting is what draws me outside. The way Montana structures its seasons, it is more susceptible to being ruined by media exposure. As for Steven, his shows have changed. Good or bad is not for me to judge- that is for the sponsors!😏

We watch a fair bit of meateater and Randy’s show. Finding shows that work for the 6,10, and 40 year old men in my house, requires a window of acceptability that both of those fall into. To me it’s mostly just background noise.

I am no longer fired up by hunting media at all. Though, I love and feel connected to the conservation stories. I suppose that’s one way I’m different than the masses. That said, My boys are drawn to those shows in the same way I was drawn to Dick Proenneke. Its reality TV sure, but it’s adventure and I feel either are good content for kids.

I’ve always hunted in shitty and unpopular spots and will continue to. Dead lodgepole ain’t good for filming.

At the foundation of all of this, and something that would alleviate it and render the influencer effect far less potent, would be Montana stepping up and drastically changing our season structure. Happy to support the folks putting their ideas out there.

Prove it. Keep quotas the same. Kill the wolves. 5 yr study. Bet we doing alot more draws and or reintroduce the wolves.

Eric album the outfitters and private should be just honest with what they want for mule deer. No doubt mule deer thrive where u own and outfit but they don't where I can hunt. There is common ground there. It's outfitters landowners public hunters working together. My opinion land owners deserve tags. Outfitters yes. It's a business. But protected private protects the public. Makes it better. But LE draw. Mule deer. The landowners that don't participate out in the cold.

Well, one can actually HUNT turkeys. Legally. The only way to hunt elk, for most of us, is called poaching. Frankly, I don't need to see another high tech elk hunting video. I'd rather watch someone trying to make a 12 ft putt that will make a million dollar swing if it drops. And I have never even golfed.

Frankly, turkey hunting can be damn exciting in comparison to deer or antelope. Been so long since I last drew an elk tag, I can't remember what that was like.

Citrus and beer turkey leg carnitas taste mighty fine too.
I didn’t know WTF you were talking about until you said turkey leg carnitas and beer!

All I have to say, there is good and bad with the coverage of western hunting.

I really don't care for the flood of bro hunters for all kinds of reasons, they seem to take up hunting because of the influencers. Unfortunate, but is what it is.

The plus side, and I give Rinella a ton of credit, without his efforts and support on corner crossing, it flat wouldn't be in the 10th circuit right now. No question about that.

While nearly every other influencer was hiding under the bed, he had it all over his platform.

Meateater is a very large part of why we've had the $$$ to try the corner crossing case. While it's the individual donors that paid the money, his reach and influence grabbed a lot of attention and drew in the donors.

Most recently, $75k+.

There are no perfect answers, but I'm in debt to Rinella and meateater for not being afraid to take a position and give corner crossing it's day in court. This was not an issue supported by most any other influencer or NGO.

In fact, if anything, many ran static on corner crossing, including groups that claim to support public access to public lands. That surprised me.

I really don't care for the flood of bro hunters for all kinds of reasons, they seem to take up hunting because of the be influencers. Unfortunate, but is what it is.

The plus side, and I give Rinella a ton of credit, without his efforts and support on corner crossing, it flat wouldn't be in the 10th circuit right now.

While nearly every other influencer was hiding under the bed, he had it all over his platform.

Meateater is a very large part of why we've had the $$$ to try the corner crossing case. While it's the individual donors that paid the money, his reach and influence grabbed a lot of attention and drew in the donors.

Most recently, $75k+.

There are no perfect answers, but I'm in debt to Rinella and meateater for not being afraid to take a position and give corner crossing it's day in court.
Well I never said he was a bad guy - just that he kinda screwed up the buffer zone draw odds More than they already were. Good to hear about his generosity to that cause.

I've been mildly interested in Rinella and Meateater. No longer.
In fact I'm pretty pissed at that DB for mentioning locations.
Case in point.
Powder River turkey hunting episode.
As a result there has been a virtual bomb of NR running all over that country this year. Any BMA with land on or near the river. The BMA I have hunted for 30 years in that vicinity has been pounded. Guys from the South and Midwest shooting anything to fill tags. I saw one jake and one mature Tom. Shitwipe on ridges I've never seen a boot track. The Knowlton area has always been a sleeper. Friend of mine hunting Ekalaka yesterday talked to some guys from Missouri who asked about Knowlton.
It's done. I'm done there.
Everyone go to Knowlton.
Good job Rinella.
He’s just practicing the 3R’s everyone loves to talk about. You should thanking him for recruiting, retaining, and reactivating all those new people into what used to be your spot. 😂

Steve Rinella probably

IMG_8004.jpeg

I really don't care for the flood of bro hunters for all kinds of reasons, they seem to take up hunting because of the influencers. Unfortunate, but is what it is.

The plus side, and I give Rinella a ton of credit, without his efforts and support on corner crossing, it flat wouldn't be in the 10th circuit right now. No question about that.

Most recently, $75k+.

There are no perfect answers, but I'm in debt to Rinella and meateater for not being afraid to take a position and give corner crossing it's day in court. This was not an issue supported by most any other influencer or NGO.

In fact, if anything, many ran static on corner crossing, including groups that claim to support public access to public lands. That surprised me.
Not to mention the money he dumps into conservation every week. All from a board game. Not a fan of him blowing up units but there’s a lot he does right IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back