Grizzlies in the Bighorns

The article keeps saying "biological and social" for acceptable range. WTF does a grizzly care about being socially accepted!

Doing some cousin/family friends research....right in my little honeyhole of yesteryear (land has been sold a couple of times since childhood). Cow was in process of giving birth, was mauled but left barely alive. The rancher knew of the bears presence for at least a week, right next to the house/corrals/main hayfield.

Shocking development that isn't a real shock. Yellowstone is full, young ones gotta head out and make their own way in the world.

So after all the litigation about recovery, hunting and all other matters griz related, how far are they allowed to come east before they can be "removed" from the landscape? Are the Black Hills in SD acceptable habitat? I always thought that the bears knew not to leave Yellowstone.

Perfect opportunity for Colorado to pick up the strays and relocate them down there. Bet they'd thrive around Estes Park, Steamboat, and on Colfax. Cocaine bear wouldn't hold a candle in the wind.

It would be more like "Fentanyl Bear" these days...

In all reality though, I'd love it if they dumped a few griz down here, that would cut down on the Front Range weekend warrior riff-raff for sure!

So after all the litigation about recovery, hunting and all other matters griz related, how far are they allowed to come east before they can be "removed" from the landscape? Are the Black Hills in SD acceptable habitat? I always thought that the bears knew not to leave Yellowstone.
They are in the Wyoming range, Cody, etc.
They have not been contained to Yellowstone for quite some time now.

The article keeps saying "biological and social" for acceptable range. WTF does a grizzly care about being socially accepted!
I think the idea is there are areas where social tolerance will be so low that grizzlies will have a hard time establishing populations there due to deliberate human actions like harassment or poaching.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back