Trouble with Zeiss HD5 scopes?

44hunter45

Some of you may remember that I had issues with my M70 7mmRM when I went to Alaska last year.
I put it in the hard case a 1/2 MOA shooter when I left home. When I check my zero in Alaska it was shooting 4 MOa and the POI had changed.
I went through the mounts, the bore, the crown, everything and never got it back to 1/2 MOA.

I never suspected the scope since something in that price range ought to be durable.

I was reading some stuff today that shooter's have complained about repeatability and tracking, as well as groups opening up.

Anyone else experienced this?

Sorry to hear that. Not that it should matter but is it in the Victory or Conquest line? My son and I both have Victory HD 4.5-35X60mm and they have been flawless. I also have a couple of the older Diavari models that have been to hell and back without issue. Sounds like it took a bad drop of some sort during it's ride to Alaska, if it went from half MOA to 4 MOA. Zeiss has an excellent name in the Hunting Industry. Hopefully they can get you fixed up.

Sorry to hear that. Not that it should matter but is it in the Victory or Conquest line? My son and I both have Victory HD 4.5-35X60mm and they have been flawless. I also have a couple of the older Diavari models that have been to hell and back without issue. Sounds like it took a bad drop of some sort during it's ride to Alaska, if it went from half MOA to 4 MOA. Zeiss has an excellent name in the Hunting Industry. Hopefully they can get you fixed up.
Conquest

I haven't swapped out the scope to see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back