What are you currently reading?

Just started The Dynasty by Jeff Benedict. I didn't see the documentary. I never knew how badly injured Drew Bledsoe was that allowed Brady to become the starting QB, that was just in the prologue. Looking forward to a good read hopefully. 20240513_121610.jpg

This one was a little disappointing. I was hoping for more detail about how Carson outfitted his expeditions, the gear he used, the obstacles he overcame … but this was a dry retelling of the less interesting parts of his life.
IMG_0889.jpeg

A red flag for me is when the author’s name on the cover is much larger than the title.
Ha! I guess that does say a lot. He knows his name and the name of the series will sell it and and isn’t as worried about the quality of writing.

It just seemed like he mapped out a plot structure and then wrote it as fast as he possibly could. Half of Joe’s lines are “Yup”.

Real disappointed in the latest Joe Pickett book. CJ Box just phoned this one in. Real bad.

It just seemed like he mapped out a plot structure and then wrote it as fast as he possibly could. Half of Joe’s lines are “Yup”.
Formulaic ennui has been Box's money modus for a good many of Pickett iterations. Hopefully 3" set up a Nate rampage worth my time and money...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back