Currently have 9 Wyoming points

wvhunter304

Sitting at 9. Won't be able to hunt this year so 10 points for 2025. Any recommendations for public land, DIY areas?

Have hunted Medicine Bow area once and was successful on a normal goat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240510-064332.png
    Screenshot_20240510-064332.png
    487.7 KB · Views: 43
You probably won't be getting any specific unit recommendations here.

Using GoHunt and the like will be your friend. To get you started there are 21 units that were 100% odds in the regular draw with 9 points that have 75%+ success rates, trophy potential of 75"+, and greater than 50% public land.

Party app with a loved one. You don’t need 10 points to have a good pronghorn hunt in WY.
True but it is getting harder and harder to do, especially if you like those western units with lots of public land. It takes getting a bit more creative these days.

I would wager with the winter kill last year and the point increase he might need them. Especially if he wants a reasonable opportunity at a book antelope.
True but it is getting harder and harder to do, especially if you like those western units with lots of public land. It takes getting a bit more creative these days.
Won’t argue both of those points here. What I can say is there’s still very good 5 point units for those willing to put in the work. A lot of it is based on what your goals are but I got in on a 2 point unit looking for my first one and shot a 76” buck.

Won’t argue both of those points here. What I can say is there’s still very good 5 point units for those willing to put in the work. A lot of it is based on what your goals are but I got in on a 2 point unit looking for my first one and shot a 76” buck.
I feel like I missed that one.

Lots of good areas across the state with benefits and drawbacks.

Id pick the unit youll be able to hunt the most.

I meant I missed the hunt and the goat? Maybe not?

Somewhere in there.

Ya know we generally have more antilope than people in the state. Any area will do. I like hunting the red desert area. My girls and I take 2 days to get 3 goats. 1 usually measures around 80 inches. Plus watching the wild horses is perty kool

Somewhere in there.
I remembered the first goat but not the second one.

You've got some great options with those points. Best of luck.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montana WSF
Back