Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana S/G/M results 2024

Will tents be shanked this fall?
You'll just have to stay tuned and find out. I'm thinking about reaching out to @Marshian for some pointers on what not do to though.

Probably get sick from to much sausage and not make it in

Eaaassy White Chocolate....

The old saying... bananas on the boat there'll be no fish today.

Johnsonville in the pack there'll be no goats today.

Drew points again this year......I'm on a roll!!!
Hate to be greedy but I just can't get enough of these wonderful points I'm good at getting them...easy picking!!!

So we have 1 person successful so far on hunt talk?

No joy for this old man on BH sheep for ‘24. That’s all folks. Told my bride I was out after this year. Good luck to all. Someone has to draw ‘em.
From this point on I will merely take long range photos of the one critter I have dreamt about. Oh well, good ‘nuff! MTG

Anyone know when fwp will release the data?

Gonna see how bad my odds really were. Seeing this thread (all of the posters with 20+ years and no tag) and my measly 5 msg points is a bit disappointing.

Gonna see how bad my odds really were. Seeing this thread (all of the posters with 20+ years and no tag) and my measly 5 msg points is a bit disappointing.
Usually I can find someone that drew a tag. This year I haven’t yet.

If a young man continues to dream of MSG I would continue to dream and apply. Don’t fret the draw odds. Anticipation is part of the adventure. Besides in MT there are the unlimited units.
A friend and I hiked up,into the Beartooth, both at age 73, for his sheep hunt. No joy, but an adventure. It was a bucket list adventure we have talked about for years. Was it worth the effort, pain and tired muscles…..YES. Gotta dream and go for it. This ain’t no dress rehearsal. MTG

Nothing, again. Oh well, I'll be spending a week in July in 323 looking for goats anyway. One of these days...
Maybe my supertags.

Son of a.....

I drew a mountain goat tag. I also drew a special permit elk tag. First year I have ever drawn much of anything and I get 2 tags that are essentially once in a lifetime tags.

Time to get to figuring out how I am going to manage my time.
Congrats you have a busy fall coming . I have applied for sheep for several years but skipped this year since I drew a LE bull tag finally and the way my luck is i would have drawn the sheep tag when I didn’t really have time for it . But good luck and post pics !

Last edited:
Congrats you have a busy fall coming . I have applied for sheep for several years but skipped this year since I drew a LE bull tag finally and the way my luck is i would have drawn the sheep tag when I didn’t really have time for it . But good luck and post pics !
I considered just buying points for goat this year but decided that was foolish.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back