2024 Utah Draw Results

View attachment 324390
Most points for elk of any state I apply in.

Only state that I regularly apply in that I have never drawn a tag of any kind.

Probably not going to change this year.
Well hell you should feel lucky you get to put in for all those hunts. As a resident we only get to put in for 1 species for limited entry we don’t get to put in for multiple species for limited entry! So as residents we get the shaft up the arse!

I can't believe I didn't draw anything when I had less than 2% draw odds on my best hunt 🤣

I am a little baffled by how little I am
bothered by another across the board unsucc and amused by any NR upset
by it, when so few tags are issued and we all know, or should, going in. Utah just remains a someday, OIL kind of state for me and most others. Good luck to those in the WY elk draw (i folded and withdrew) and Colorado (expecting multiple tags).

As for troutflys, I am sorry to hear you have health troubles, but you clearly need to lower the bar if you want a guaranteed tag in any given year. If you don’t than just expect there is always a good chance you won’t draw, regardless of resident status.

Actually I was not happy with that change more than a decade ago. Pretty much saturated every draw.
Just drawing more $$$$ out of the NR is what it accomplished.

Unsuccessful across the board for my son & I

My first chance at one of the big three! Still wrapping my head around the stroke of luck. Had 13 points. Good luck to any others
The Utah drawing is basically no different than going to Vegas and gambling, I have a neighbor who’s son drew out on the big horn sheep hunt on his 1st try two years ago! As much as I enjoy hunting Utah has ruined the experience! I tried to get my son excited about hunting but he has lost interest due to the crappy odds of getting a tag! He 19 now and has only drawn two tags since he was old enough to start hunting! Not sure how you keep youth excited about hunting when they only get to go every couple of years, hell I’m loosing interest as well! Not to mention the cost of equipment, I like archery but when you only get to use the equipment every few years it’s hard to justify the cost of guns, archery equipment, clothing, etc…

The Utah drawing is basically no different than going to Vegas and gambling, I have a neighbor who’s son drew out on the big horn sheep hunt on his 1st try two years ago! As much as I enjoy hunting Utah has ruined the experience! I tried to get my son excited about hunting but he has lost interest due to the crappy odds of getting a tag! He 19 now and has only drawn two tags since he was old enough to start hunting! Not sure how you keep youth excited about hunting when they only get to go every couple of years, hell I’m loosing interest as well! Not to mention the cost of equipment, I like archery but when you only get to use the equipment every few years it’s hard to justify the cost of guns, archery equipment, clothing, etc…
We all know Utah's odds are poor. You don't have to beat a dead horse with every post. Sorry you didn't draw anything.

If you’re applying book cliffs and especially the Henries then you should expect NOT to draw. That has very little to do with the Utah draw and more to do with your specific choices.

Big ol' unsuccessful for me again. I'm only applying for a general buck tag and I just cannot wrap my feeble brain around whether I actually have any shot at drawing anything in the areas I've been choosing. I don't care about limited entry stuff, I just want a chance to go down and hunt with my in-laws one year.

No luck for me, which is pretty much what I figured, based on the odds. Next year is looking better for a mediocre archery tag in a place I like to backpack and fish, but I'll also get to take my bow along for the ride.

Utah draw system is a freaking joke! 20 yrs putting in for limited entry still nothing! General season nothing either! As a resident this is absolutely one of the worst states for residents!!! I haven’t drawn a general tag in 3 years now!

There are general tags that can be drawn with under 3 pts. It’s your fault if you aim higher than that.

Limited entry odds in UT are very long. Many people will never draw a limited entry tag for males. That said UT actually has pretty decent opportunity. Your general elk tag is OTC. You can hunt cows or spikes in limited entry units with relatively few points. While your general deer tag isn’t OTC anymore, you can draw some with under 3pts. I guess you could move all of your general tags to a draw and your draw odds would improve, but is that really what you want? UT doesn’t do it all that badly.

It is very different than Vegas with 20 deer points. You could have guaranteed several very good tags, including Book Cliffs rifle.

Here are some resident rifle stats from last year, when you had 19 points going into the draw.

You could have guaranteed any of these tags.

If you want to hunt, I'd stop putting in for Henry's.

Best of luck.Screenshot_20240515-145523.png

You ok?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back