Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Gear for filming Hunts

So, I have been filming my families hunts for years. Mainly just to relive the adventure, I really enjoy filming them too. Guess I have a little artistic interest that I didn't consider for a long time 😂. I have always just used my cell phone and spotter for digiscoping. The videos are somewhat amateur, but have been good enough. I would like to get a little more serious with it now.

To all you filmers out there should I get a camera or stick with the cell phone? I am not interested in GoPros. I think the cell may be good enough but it can be a pain to get the spotter set up and use the Novagrade system to film every time I see an animal. Would love to hear thoughts and suggestions.

Here are a few videos that I made if you're interested in seeing what type of gear I should add.

This is an iPhone 13 and clear video on zoom. These new iPhones have exceptional cameras built in…

I would definatelly get a camera! Not a big one though. I have a couple big ones and couple pocket size one's. Looking for new pocket size one and looking at Nikon A1000 and similar Panosonic/Lumix. Carry them in a pouch on the belt so they are out of the ay till I need them and the one's I have have done some really nice photo's.

Well I got the panosonic and what a pain to get going. problem was it was a new one bought and turned back in. Guy that had it messed with the programs till ya couldn't do squat with it. Found a guy walked me through the reset and thing works great now. I believe it does as well as my Nikon 7000! For what I do and sounds like you need the Panosonic is about right. has a 25-250mm lense. If I needed more than that I have it with extra lense's for my Nikon. here's a photo from the Panosonic.

1689263066148.jpeg

So, I have been filming my families hunts for years. Mainly just to relive the adventure, I really enjoy filming them too. Guess I have a little artistic interest that I didn't consider for a long time 😂. I have always just used my cell phone and spotter for digiscoping. The videos are somewhat amateur, but have been good enough. I would like to get a little more serious with it now.

To all you filmers out there should I get a camera or stick with the cell phone? I am not interested in GoPros. I think the cell may be good enough but it can be a pain to get the spotter set up and use the Novagrade system to film every time I see an animal. Would love to hear thoughts and suggestions.

Here are a few videos that I made if you're interested in seeing what type of gear I should add.
Nice edits! What camera did you decide to go with?

SITKA Pre Season Savings

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDavis
Back