Dave N Elk tag fund raiser

He should purchase some of the Montana SuperTag chances for elk. They are only $5.00 a pop. I know it's a long shot but still a chance. Say throw in for $100.00 worth which would be 20 chances at the elk lottery!
And there is plenty of time to still purchase Montana Super Tag chances.

I really don't know what to say. My brain is about fried from the stuff I'm dealing with and I have this totally unbelievable thing that you folks have been putting together. Different states, points, type of permits, etc. make my head hurt trying to concentrate on what is going on. Kind of makes me glad I'm not trying to do it every year for multiple states and critters like a lot of you do. If you kind folks would give me a little time to process things here at home and get my head straight eventually so I can get with the program, then I think I will be able to deal with it and make the decisions that need to be made. It's only been two days. Even though I know I'm excited about it, a trip is not very high on my priority list for the moment. I'm trying to do some little "normal" things and stay busy but future plans are going to take a backseat unless there is a deadline. I've had one short breakdown but I figure there may be another. I'll keep checking in as part of my normal day and try to keep up.

I think it's very cool, I see alot of great hunts being offered. If it comes down to MT I can put you in a fairly easy-ish area for cow/spike hunt. Area is more dependent on weather for the ease factor... I could be a pack mule, can cook pretty decent, also have a pretty good set of eyes.

Looking like Wyoming, you will have a great hunt. Sounds like you guys all have camp covered, but if you needed a hand I'm only a few hours out and would be happy to help pack some weight around.

Il try and follow along, but if you want a tank of fuel when your ready to head out on this trip, just message me. I will cashapp you a tank of fuel.

So for now it appears that we have the bases covered for what decisions need to be made in January. There has been numerous offers for sharing points so that base is covered for Wyoming.

I knew starting this discussion this week would get the best responses. Dave gave me his blessing to start it, I like most, got wrapped up in the outpouring of support. I forgot Dave needs to grieve and process the change.

So for now this thread needs to be parked for a bit. Please work with me thru PM and let’s let Dave do his thing.

Thankyou to everyone, we will make this happen when he is ready.

Addicting

Last edited:
Daughter and I were going through some things out in the kennel and I dug out Lori's bike. I thought it might be a good idea to start getting off my ass and get some exercise. I aired up the tires and rode it somewhere around 2 1/4 miles. It's a 21 speed and I had it in 14. I think it's made in China by some guy named HO LI CRAP! My legs are about kilt! It's a start. Not an every day thing but it's a start. It has to be easier on my knees than the treadmill, plus I have to keep going if I want to get back home! The memorial is tomorrow so after that I can see how much I can push it without joining her. Don't want to let you folks down wherever we end up.

Side note. My one condition for this is @Addicting does NOT use any of his points. They were meant for his kids and I'm not taking them away. His family is great and they have already done things to help us out before this so I'm drawing the line at his kids maybe missing out on anything. It still feels weird that you guys think I "deserve" something special for what we've been through when I was just taking care of my family like we're supposed to. That's just how I was brought up. Guess I'm just old. ;)

I can see how much I can push it without joining her. Don't want to let you folks down wherever we end up
It’s a long time away, just take it easy and take care of you and your daughters. We have this covered.
It still feels weird that you guys think I "deserve" something special for what we've been through when I was just taking care of my family like we're supposed to. That's just how I was brought up.
You have inspired a lot of us to be better husbands. We are just saying Thankyou in a way we can.

Back